Posting will be light due to the U.S. holiday. We hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving!
- Fintech: The Fourth Platform – Part Two (Forbes, 11/22/2019) Part two of Matthew Harris’ essay discusses the future of FinTech.
- We Talked To 4 VC Investors About the Hottest Trends in Payments and The Biggest Innovations to Keep an Eye on (Business Insider, 11/23/2019) VC investors from Andreessen Horowitz, Bain Capital Ventures, Citi Ventures, and Insight Partners discuss innovation and opportunities in payments tech.
- Treasury Yields Rise After a Slew of Better-Than-Expected Economic Data (CNBC, 11/27/2019) Treasury yields increase as trade developments show progress between U.S. and China.
- Low Recession Risk, Faster Growth, and Unemployment at a 70-Year Low — Here Are Goldman Sachs’ Predictions for the US Economy in 2020 (Business Insider, 11/28/2019) Goldman Sachs predicts strong U.S. economy and low unemployment rate in 2020.
- Goldman Sachs May Be Acquiring E-trade or Merging with US Bank (Business Insider, 11/25/2019) Goldman Sachs executives have entertained the idea of acquiring E-trade or merging with U.S. Bank.
- Investment Banking Workforce Shrinks to Fewer than 50,000 (FN London, 11/25/2019) By the end of Q3 2019, it was reported that the world’s largest investment banks now employ 49,200 people, which is lower than the prior quarter.
- Aon Pushes Into Online Insurance for Small Business (Wall Street Journal, 11/20/2019) Aon PLC acquires CoverWallet, an online insurance platform for small to midsize businesses.
- Proposed Low-Income Lending Overhaul Expected Next Month (Politico, 11/25/2019) The OCC prepares to release its proposed rule on the Community Reinvestment Act on December 13, 2019.
- Behind Wells Fargo’s Foray into Quantum Computing (American Banker, 11/25/2019) Wells Fargo signs agreement with IBM and MIT to collaborate on quantum computing and artificial intelligence technology.
- FDIC-Insured Banks’ Q3 Earnings Disappoint, Costs Escalate (Yahoo Finance, 11/27/2019) FDIC-Insured Bank reported $57.4 billion in earnings, which is 7.3% less year-over-year.
- Thanksgiving 2019: Best Memes for the Holiday (Heavy.com, 11/28/2019) Thanksgiving memes most of us can relate to.