PeerIQ is transforming the way lending and securitization markets work. Meeting the needs across the credit funding cycle – from loan purchasing to financing to securitization – we work with industry leaders to unlock capital at scale. We aim to bridge the gap between originators and the capital markets so that investors can invest with confidence. Our employees come from the technology and financial sectors, combining the best of both to change the game of consumer credit.
PeerIQ is looking to hire a Senior DevOps Engineer with a passion for building scalable and reliable systems. A core part of the PeerIQ engineering team, you will be working with the cutting-edge technologies to help best scale our analytics platform to meet the demands of our growing customer base.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working with multiple languages and tools and enjoys solving difficult technical and business challenges. You have a solid foundation of time tested DevOps/SRE best practices, but stay up to date on the latest technologies and look forward to embedding the best solutions into our technology infrastructure.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and performance of the PeerIQ platform
- Seize opportunities to automate the configuration and deployment of various services, data ingestion and ETL jobs
- Instrument infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring (APM), and tracing using infrastructure monitoring tools combined with Ansible roles and Terraform providers
- Assess and recommend various software architectures and build frameworks, optimizing across cost, performance, resiliency/fault tolerance, load balancing and data consistency
- Build out self service controlled build, release, and deployments for developers to help increase product delivery
- Work closely with our product, research, and capital markets leads on both prototyping and iterative development
- 8+ years working with distributed systems at scale in IT
- 5+ years APM and infrastructure monitoring experience
- 5+ years DevOps experience
- 5+ years experience in cloud platform administration (preferably AWS)
- 3+ years experience in automated configuration management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet) and continuous delivery systems
- 3+ years experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, ECS, EKS)
- Strong knowledge of IT Security (encryption, firewalls, secure systems design, vulnerability management, secure software design, credential management, proxies, WAFs, etc.)
- Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; able to explain complex technical topics to both internal and external customers with ease
- Passionate about IT, technology, and following the latest industry trends
- Experience with Security best practices, tools and technologies
- Experience working with database stores such as Cassandra, MongoDB, Vertica
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Certifications in AWS, Docker, Ansible, and/or Security (e.g. CISSP, CEH, Security+, etc.)