- CEO, Ram Ahluwalia, will join a panel discussion entitled, “Alternative Lending Securitization and Similar Capital Sources,” on June 9th in New York—RSVP here.
- PeerIQ will speak at SCI’s 2nd Annual Marketplace Lending Securitisation Seminar onJune 28th in New York.
- PeerIQ will be in Miami for the ABS East Conference in Miami September 16-18.
- Obama Admin to Supremes: Don’t Take Case that Riled Bankers, Online Lenders(American Banker, 5/24/16) Solicitor General agrees that Madden-Midland district court ruling was incorrect and indicates petitioners may prevail on remand.
- Lending Club Fund Falters (WSJ, 5/25/16) Broad Based Consumer Credit Fund witnesses slip in returns for April; outperforms 99% of Morningstar intermediate bond funds.
- Shanda Group Accumulates 11.7% Stake in Lending Club (WSJ, 5/23/16) Shanda Group’s recent Lending Club investment makes them the largest shareholder in Lending Club.
- Prosper Marketplace Hires Banks to Explore Options: Sources (Reuters, 5/26/16) Prosper hires Financial Technology Partners LP and JP Morgan to explore strategic alternatives.
- China Originator Maps More Deals (AB Alert, 5/27/16) China based marketplace lender, Yirendai, expects securitization to become a vital part of its future funding.
- AIG to Sell Crowdfunding Insurance, Looking to Make Money Off Investors’ Worries(WSJ, 5/24/16) American International Group to launch an insurance product developed to protect investors on equity crowdfunding platforms against fraud.
- Blue Elephant to Buy Loans Again From Prosper Marketplace After Pause (Reuters, 5/25/16) Blue Elephant will resume purchasing loans from Prosper.
- Lending Club Talking With Citigroup About Loan Purchases (WSJ, 5/25/16) Citigroup exploring purchasing or financing Lending Club loans.
- Marketplace Lending: A Temporary Phenomenon? (Deloitte, May, 2016) Banks have more to gain than lose from partnering with MPLs.
- The Mercurial Nature of P2P Lending (TechCrunch, 5/22/16) Small niche lenders have several disadvantages as compared to larger online lending platforms.
- The Online Lending Scare (The Washington Post, 5/22/16) Parallels between online lending (1% of the consumer lending market) and the subprime mortgage market are greatly exaggerated.
- Before We Go Out, I Need to Know Your Credit Score (The Washington Post, 5/26/16) “What’s your credit score?” is the preferred dating line for singles in today’s dating world.