November is off to a busy start, with a full slate of events. Last week, Ram spoke at the Credit Suisse FinTech Conference in San Francisco; Kevin spoke at the American Banker Marketplace Lending Conference in NYC. This week, Ram will be at the Wharton/Kellogg CIO Leaders in Investing Summit in NYC, speaking on the ‘Disruptor Discussions’ Panel on Wednesday @ 1PM.
Securitization news continued to lead the headlines…and thankfully featured references to our newly-launched Marketplace Lending Securitization Tracker.
- Jefferies Preps Consumer-Loan Deal (AB Alert, 11/6/15, attached) Update on the $130M issuance planned by Jefferies based on LoanDepot originations. Note citation to PeerIQ’s tracker for sector background.
- More Securitizations Coming by College Lenders (AB Alert, 11/6/15, subscription required) More securitization news, with SoFi and DRB planning issuances of $600M and $200M respectively by end of the year.
- Apple Inc., Amazon, Google Form Lobby Group To Push Biz-Friendly Tech Legislation (IBTimes, 11/3/15) Tech giants have formed a coalition, Financial Innovation Now, to promote tech-friendly regulations in the financial services industry.
- Would You Buy A Marketplace Lending Fund? First U.S. One In The Works, More Likely To Follow (Forbes, 11/7/15) A short piece on RiverNorth’s new closed-end fund, with a nod to the potential of such funds to “re-retail” marketplace lending.
- The Uberization of Money (WSJ, 11/6/15) A broad survey piece on opportunities and risks that innovation is bringing across the fintech landscape.