2017 has been a great year for equity and credit markets. The S&P500 ended the year up 20%, while CDX IG and CDX HY spreads tightened 46bps. ABS markets enjoy record issuance and all-tight time spreads.
Do check out our redesigned MPL Loan Performance Monitor, where we track the delinquency rates, cumulative losses, and transition matrices on public marketplace lending data that is comprised of loans originated by LendingClub and Prosper. PeerIQ customers can reach out to their Client Delivery lead to generate similar charts on the PeerIQ analytics platform.
With that, we wish you a very happy new year and invite you to check out some of our most popular stories of 2017!
Best of PeerIQ:
PeerIQ in the News:
- MPL Loan Performance Monitor (PeerIQ), Rated: AAA (LendingTimes, 12/27/17)
- Goodbye, George Bailey: Decline of Rural Lending Crimps Small-Town Business (WSJ, 12/25/17) Banks are closing branches and paring credit in rural America, focusing instead on booming urban markets, an opportunity that online lenders are taking to provide credit to underbanked communities.
- High-tech lenders target the decades-old store credit card (Reuters, 12/21/17) One of the oldest forms of lending – store credit – is increasingly attracting tech companies aiming to supplant a retailer’s credit card.
- Exempting Small Banks From Volcker Rule Is Popular, but Not With Their Regulator (WSJ, 12/26/17) A Senate proposal to exempt thousands of small U.S. banks from the Volcker rule restrictions on speculative trading is winning broad support—except from the regulator that oversees most of those banks.
- FICO vs. VantageScore: 5 differences you should understand (USA Today, 12/21/17) VantageScore is challenging FICO’s dominance in credit scoring with better models.
- Best Egg Will Broaden to Financing Purchases in 2018 (BankInnovation, 12/27/17) Marlette will focus on POS financing and Mortgages.
- Citigroup CEO Mike Corbat Has Promises to Keep (Bloomberg, 12/26/17) After putting the bank on firmer footing, CEO Mike Corbat is now charged with meeting ambitious performance targets.
- Google’s Year in Search (Google Trends, 12/27/17)